Slavery in the 1700 was a promotional scheme of the devil…the only premise wrought from this was evil. Today we know that evil runs rampant through people, and just as evil are ones who say they love you but hide malice, deceit, spite and vindictiveness in their hearts for you.
Some people are comfortable with evil plots and plans of those who deem themselves hiding…shutting the door, limited access, charging big bucks to keep undesirables attendance limited; and, all in the same breathe saying you know God.
This is all truth, we need to be sick of our ownselves. I can hear it the mumbling of how people wrong us; but we need to think, have we really been that goody goody that we never do anything. Or if we know that we’ve done wrong do we dismiss it saying “Ive changed, so let them deal with it?”
What? Look! Someone out there has been hurt by you, your decisions and your harsh judgement against them and just because we have moved on and have forgotten we have a need to make amends. Maybe, the amend won’t be with the actual person harmed, but you can start somewhere.
I don’t do it no more…right, but when you did do it you did it well.
James 1: 22-24 says:
But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.
This is the jest of what this message says be ye doers of the word, go back and make amends…that is an example of God at work in us.
Change? Yes, doing the right thing requires more than change for us…in that change we need to pray to help others through the damage of living through the mess called “Me”
- Romans 12 – Words to live by… (dougfarrar1.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 5 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Defining Evil: Insanity, Hatred and Demons (runningfromhellwithel.com)
- The Creator (choosemindbodyspirit.wordpress.com)
- You are a good person, but is it enough to save you? (revivers.wordpress.com)
- Repel evil with that which is better (sadafbintmohammed.wordpress.com)
- Some Thoughts on Good, Evil, and Nature (foxoftheoaks.wordpress.com)
- Evil (cassiejourney.wordpress.com)
- “Do you hear him hearing?” “No, but I hear him doing!” (servingtheservant.wordpress.com)
- The Thinkers and The Doers (cs31415.wordpress.com)