It was around 10 a.m. when the report about a lone box sitting in the middle of the parking lot at 4600 E. Rosedale Street in Fort Worth and authorities were dispatched to the scene.
Several investigators were called in to inspect the package as insurety precautions.
CNN DFW reported, “Postal Inspector Amanda McMurray told KRLD NewsRadio 1080, “A box has been left out front of the Polytechnic Station in Fort Worth. Right now we don’t have any reason to believe that the parcel itself is dangerous, however out of an abundance of caution postal inspectors and [the] Fort Worth bomb squad are on site.”
Other Expert Investigators included:
- Chopper 11
- A Bomb Detection Robot
- Bomb Squad Unit
Notably, today’s scare is not the first of it’s kind at this particular Postal Branch where reports tell of two more packages found in less than 2 months.
Fire Department Officials announced that 2 months ago they got reports of suspicious packages at that same branch.
To read more: Click Here
- Postal service cracks down on theft from boxes outside post offices (star-telegram.com)
- Post Office Evacuated Because of Suspicious Package (kktv.com)
- Suspicious package at government building turns out to be sack lunch (ktvb.com)
- KNX Staff Returns To Building After Report Of Suspicious Package (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Kirkland Post Office evacuated for hissing scuba gear (mynorthwest.com)
- Tsawwassen residents allowed to return to homes after bomb scare (theprovince.com)
- Canada Post building evacuated in London while suspicious package investigated (lfpress.com)
- Update: Florida voting site evacuated after suspicious cooler reported, bomb-sniffing dogs on scene – @orlandosentinel (orlandosentinel.com)