In the warm seasons squirrels play and live in the big pecan tree in our back
yard. It is also typical to see them run to and fro throughout the neighborhood. Notably, our neighborhood is quiet for both man and beast, and for years our family has known them to live in our attic without any harm.
Today however, there was a loud crash coming from my daughter’s room, and to my dismay disaster to see that the ceiling caved in. Of course, the worse thought comes first that the roof needed repair; especially remembering the heavy rains this week. Texas is killer for none stop rain and ice in this season. However, my husband on quick inspection of the attic noticed right away the PCP Piping (Pecks) had been nibbled and their was a fine mist of hot water escaping from the area. Apparently, this had been that way for a while or at least long enough to saturate the sheet rock until it could no longer hold the wet insulation.
Upon researching how to get rid of the nuisances I note that not all squirrels live in the attic; there are only the female and her young who might frequent there. Also, noted that even if you do manage to get rid of the animals, the smell will remain and can attract future residents of the same.
Here are suggestions to help end the stay of your non-pay occupants:
- Set Traps and Remove them, this might not be a top choice if you are like me and afraid of them
- One way door, something like a doggy door but no re-entry
- Call the experts, someone who specializes in removal of critters, and who will return them to the wild
To read more about squirrel eviction Click Here
- Denver Squirrels in the Attic, Squirrel Removal 720-306-1188 (thewildlifeprofessionals.wordpress.com)
- Acworth, GA Squirrel Removal Services Please Call 678-792-8053 for services. (thewildlifeprofessionals.wordpress.com)
- I Hear Scratching in the attic? (mibatcontrol.wordpress.com)
- Quick review: Those Darn Squirrels Fly South by Adam Rubin (storypockets.carnegielibrary.org)
- Squirrel Removal – Squirrels in the attic Denver Colorado Call 720-306-1188 (thewildlifeprofessionals.wordpress.com)